"Kiwi 600 ft x 335 ft, erected by New Zealanders at Sling Camp"
Photographic postcard showing the chalk kiwi, also known as the Bulford Kiwi, on Beacon hill above Sling Camp on the Salisbury Plain in England. The kiwi was completed in June 1919 in commemmoration of the New Zealand troops that occupied the camp from June 1916. The postcard depicts four army buildings in the midground with the kiwi visible on the hill that rises behind the camp.
Be the first to comment.