Record Type
Corporate
Person/Corporate Type
Church
Biographical Display
The first Anglican church in Eltham was located on a site on Mountain Road donated by Messrs. E.W. and G.H. Buckeridge. The foundation stone was laid on All Saints' Day, 1896.
In 1901 the church was moved to the present site on King Edward Street. Not long after this a new church was built at a cost of 600 pounds. This new church was designed by Wellington architect Frederick de Jersey Clere. According to Susan Maclean, in her book about de Jersey Clere, the church was dedicated on the 26th of November 1903. The old church became the Parish Hall and Sunday School. In 1958 the old church was demolished and Mr P.J.O'Regan, of Hawera, built a new hall.

 Share

Maker of


Subject of