Joseph E. Roe
Architect formerly of Masterton (worked in partnership with William Crichton of Wellington). He relocated to Hāwera c. 1905 and advertised there as the “Late Partner with Mr W Crichton of Wellington”. He designed a number of buildings in and around Hāwera, both private homes and commercial buildings such as the Maxilab building in High Street and the White Hart Hotel. By 1915 he was in a partnership with Greenish, and according to their advertisement, was a Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Architects.