A flat wooden box containing four drawing instruments. The box has a hinged lid and is lined with purple fabric. It can be closed with a hook at the front of the box. There are six compartments in the case. Two of the instruments in the box have ivory handles.
See full details
He began his career as a survey cadet in the Taranaki Provincial Lands Department and was employed by the West Coast Commission during the early 1880s.
He went onto work in Wellington and Hawkes Bay and established a glowing professional reputation before returning to work in New Plymouth. He retired in 1918.