A wedding coathanger that is made of a cream-coloured fabric that is covered in a crocheted lace. It is decorated with a lace ribbon and plastic flowers.
See full details
Because they married during the war, materials and accessories were scarce. Madge had her dress and all these accessories made for her. She borrowed her veil and the handkerchiefs and ditty bag were made by friends. The paper bells were decorations used at the reception.
After the war the young couple settled in Auckland until 1955 when they returned to Taranaki to farm on Kent Road.