A collection of Taranaki and New Zealand recipe and cookery books, household guides and home science handbooks.
See full details
1) Mrs Beeton's book of household management. Part one of twelve parts. London, Ward Lock.
2) Our Boys Cookery Book : in aid of Wounded Soldiers Fund. Whitcombe & Tombs. 1915.
3) The "peace" recipe book : every recipe has been tested and is guaranteed economical / [an effort of Elsie G. Harvey]. N.Z. Newspapers at the Star Office, Auckland. [ca. 1919]. (2 copies)
4) Presbyterian cookery book of good and tried receipts. 16th ed. 1920. Has signature of 'J.M. Bleakley, Urenui 1922' inside front cover.
4a) The Highlander economical cookery book, comprising the recipes used and demonstrated at the Chalet, Auckland Exhibition, 1913-14 / revised and added to by Mrs M. S. Turner. 3rd enl. ed. 1923. Has name 'Miss E. Whiting, South Road Hawera' inside front cover.
5) Jubilee recipe book. Girls' Life Brigade in New Zealand. 1928. Has inscription 'Mrs Russell from 4th New Plymouth Company'.
6) Recipes for use in school cookery classes / E. Gard'ner. 6th ed.Whitcombe and Tombs. [c1935]
7) Dainty dishes. 9th ed. Davis Gelatine (N.Z.) Ltd., 1935.
7a) Davis Dainty dishes 10th ed. 1952
8) "Champion" cook book for "Champion" oven regulated gas cookers / prepared by E.N. Todhunter. Radiation New Zealand Limited, .
9) "Milkmade" cook book / issued by New Zealand's leading milk vendors. Kerslake and Billens, Levin for the Inter-Island Publicity Co., . Issued with compliments of W.E. Sanger Devonia Dairy, Omata.
9a) "Milkmade" cook book / issued by New Zealand's leading milk vendors. Kerslake and Billens, Levin for the Inter-Island Publicity Co., . Issued with compliments of P.B. Pease Routh Dairy, Eltham
10a) Housewive’s household guide : containing new and thoroughly tested and reliable cookery recipes, household hints, health and beauty hints. W.J. Crawford, Palmerston North. c.1938. Includes advertising from New Plymouth advertisers.
11) Domestic electricity. Issued by the New Plymouth Municipal Electricity Department. Technical Publications, Wellington. [c1939]
11a) Domestic electricity. Issued by the New Plymouth Borough Council Electricity Department. Technical Publications, Wellington. [c1930]. Cover missing.
12) The prizewinner recipe book : prize recipes by New Zealand's leading chiefs / Elsie G. Harvey comp. Brookdale Press. [c1930]
13) Centennial recipe book and cooking with electricity / by Mrs. E. Barrington. Taranaki Daily News, 1940.
14) Home Science scholar's note book. Whitcombe & Tombs. [c1943]. Notes for home science classes. Annotated with the name Monica M. Fyfe on front cover.
15) Laurel recipe book & household guide / Vacuum Oil Company. [c1950]
16) GHB cookery book / compiled ... by Mrs S.D. Sherriff. Christchurch [N.Z.] : GHB, [c1952]
17) Enquire within. Incorporating Her Majesty's Northland Tour. Coronation Year ed. W.J. Crawford, Printer, Palmerston North. .
18) Good nutrition : principles and menus / by Elizabeth Gregory and Elizabeth C.G. Wilson ; with a chapter by John Malcolm ; edited by Muriel E. Bell on behalf of the Nutrition Committee of the New Zealand Medical Research Council. Govt. Printer, 1956.
19) Aunt Daisy's favourite cookery book. 4th ed. Whitcombe & Tombs, 1956.
19a) N.Z. Radio Record Cookery Book Selected from 10,000 Tried and Tested Recipes. National Magazines, Wellington. 1935.
19b) The New Zealand Apple Cookery Book. International Marketing Division, Wellington. 1938.
20) You and your home / Mary Ratley. A.H. & A.W. Reed. 1957.
21) A thought for the day from Aunt Daisy's scrap book. Whitcombe & Tombs, .
22) Thoughts for every day from Aunt Daisy's scrap book. Whitcombe & Tombs. [195?]
24) Good morning everybody / further thoughts from Aunt Daisy's scrap book. Whitcombe & Tombs, .
25) Renco recipes the perfect desserts for the perfect feast. Eltham Argus Ltd., [c1960]
25a) Renco recipe book : many miracles for the table. New ed. c1950
25b) Renco recipes : some novel suggestions for summer desserts. c1950
26) Food for my family. Thomas Avery & Sons, New Plymouth. [c1960]. Inscribed with the name Monica Fyfe inside front cover.
27) Homecraft / Mary C. Terry. 3rd ed. Minerva. 1964. Has school stamps for Selwyn College and Navua High School, Fiji.
28) Recipe book and Home Science Note book / Home-craft Staff, Wellington Education Board. 4th ed. 1964
29) Hard hats and oven mitts. New Zealand Synthetic Fuels Corp. 1984. A recipe book compiled by staff involved in New Zealand Synthetic Fuels Corporation's gas-to-gasoline project at Motonui during the construction years 1982-1985.
30) New Plymouth Parents Centre tried and tasty recipes / New Plymouth Parents Centre. 1989
31) Family Pot Pouriri : gathered together by the East Group New Plymouth La Leche League. [c1970]
32) The Taranaki Hospice Foundation Cookbook. [c1998]
33) IHC Cook Book. IHC Taranaki. 1993
36) Cookery book in aid of Plunket House, New Plymouth. Undated. (2 copies: first and third editions)
37) Tastier meals : how to cook a perfect egg and poultry dishes. Rev. and enl. ed, NZ Egg Marketing Authority. c1960 Overstamped with Browns Poultry Farm 20 Egmont Rd., New Plymouth.
38) The 'Sure to rise' cookery book. T.J. Edmonds. 1923 (Cover missing)
38A) The "Sure to rise" cookery book : containing economical everyday recipes and cooking hints. 6th ed. [c1935]
39) McClary electric range cookery book ; Do's and don'ts of electric cooking / Florence Sinclair. Wellington. 1929
40) Recipes with raisins / Belle de Graf. Sun-maid Raisin Growers Assn. 1923
41) Approved recipes for baking with Dominion Compressed Yeast. D.Y.C. 1923
42) Fruit and health. The Fruit Trades federations, London England. Overstamped 'Complimentary The New zealand Fruitgrowers Federation Aug 1927
43) Davis Gelatine Southern Pacific recipe book. The Reader's Digest November 1960
44) Typed recipes from the office of Aunt Daisy. February 193945) Enriched self-raising flour for better baking : makes delicious scones, cakes, sponges and puddings. Buchanan's (Flour Mills) Ltd. c1950
46) Edmonds Prima Cook book : a collection of the best recipes using macaroni, spaghetti, vermicelli and noodles from the Continent, U.S.A. and New Zealand. T.J. Edmonds Ltd.,c1960
47) Your Kelvinator recipe book : a choice collection of the latest recipes, specially selected for New Zealand homes from American and European sources. 
48) Aunt Daisy’s book of selected special recipes : from California, Canada, France, Australia and New Zealand / by Mrs D. Basham. c. 1935.
49) Enquire within. Coronation Year ed. W.J. Crawford, Printer, Palmerston North. .
51) Zip; Recipe & Instruction Book for Zip Electric Fry Pans and Electric Saucepans. Coulls Somerville Wilkie Ltd [1969?].
52) Recipe Book for Gregg’s, Seameal, Seameal Dessert Custard, Diabetic Seameal Custard. W. Gregg & Co. Ltd. Laing & Matthews [unknown date].
53) Prescold Cooking Companion. McAlpine Regrigeration Ltd [unknown date].
54) How to Buy, How to Carve, How to Serve; With Complements of Inglewood Meat Store. Courier Print [1961?].
55) New Zealand Country Women’s Institute, Fruit Bowl. [Publisher and date unknown].
56) Junket and Other Recipes. Cover missing.
57) The Little Biofarm Yogurt Book, Bio Farm Farming for Life. Biofarm Products Ltd [unknown date].
58) Cadbury’s Chocolate Cookery. Cadbury Fry Hudson Limited [unknown date].
59) Anchor Milk Recipes. New Zealand Co-operative Dairy Co. Ltd [July 1959].
60) 365 Puddings, One For Every Day of the Year. Whitcombe & Tombs Ltd [unknown date].
61) Radiation Cookery Book, For Use With "New World" Regulo Controlled Gas Cookers. Radiation Ltd [February 1933].
62) Good Nutrition, Wartime (1044) Edition. By Elizabeth Gregory and Elizabeth Wilson.
63) Better Baking, Selected Proven Recipes, Temperature Chart, Table of Weights and Measures, Valuable Hints in Methods for Better Baking. Whitcombe & Tombs Ltd [unknown date].
64) Housewive’s Household Guide, containing new and thoroughly tested and reliable Cookery Recipes; Household hints, Health and Beauty Hints. W.J. Crawford, Palmerston North [unknown date].
65) Typescript. Recipres including onion pickle, almond maderia and almond cake. Dated 13, 15 and 18 February 1939. Unknown author.
66) Enquire Within, 9th Edition. Ed. W.J. Crawford, Printer, Palmerston North. [undated].
67) Self Help Wartime Cooking Suggestions: How to Get the Most Out of Your Rations. Self Help Co-operative, 1942.
68) Taranaki's Own Recipe Book. [Unknnown date].
69) Make Meals Meat: Buy Wisely, Done Well. Huatoki Butchery. 1961.