A collection of photographs, songsheets, postcards and information sheets from the Sinfull Un-opening 26 February 1986 and memorabilia from the earlier No Mobil Song Quest, held August Motunui Moth-ball Ball, held to celebrate the shut-down of the Synfuel Plant August 1987.
See full details
1. Resource notes written by Ron Lambert, Taranaki Museum on the Sinfull Un-opening.
2. Original poster for the Sinfull Un-opening party (ms), plus explanatory letter from Gill Winter
3. Photographs. Proof sheet of colour photographs. 26 Feb. 1986.
4. Photograph. Ron Lambert and Cheryl Sotheran
5. Invitation (2)and printed envelope to the official Un-opening Party. Button badge printed with Sinfull Un-opening logo.
6. Postcards (2) One stamped and franked with 'official' postmark 27 Feb. 1986. Photograph by Fiona Clark.
7. Songsheet. The locals knew best. Printed on Values Party letterhead. (2p.)
8. Songsheet. Song of the plant. (2p.)
9.Songsheet. Motunui on the main pipeline. Written by Ben Gray with apologies to Peter Cape.
10. Newspaper clipping. Living with a dragon on the doorstep.New Zealand Times 23 Feb. 1986. (2 leaves)
11. Brochure. (2) Mobil's Synthetic Petrol Plant.
12. Songsheet. Foolish questions. Written and performed by Molly Melhuish 26 February 1986
13. Poster. Motunui Moth-ball Ball. 8 Aug. 1987
14. Poster. No Mobil Song Quest. 1981and admittance ticket to 'Farewell to Mobil' 8 August 1981
15. Songsheet. We're the residents of Motunui. Performed at the No Mobil Song Quest 1981
16. Invitations to the Moth Ball. 8 Aug. 1987. Newspaper clipping. Synfuel takes a breather. Taranaki Herald 4 Aug. 1987 and introduction to and script for The return of Deidre Boot. August 1987.
17.Words to the song Haere Ra Taniwha. Sung by Julie Lambie at the Sinfull Un-opening.