David Walter Interviews [disc 7]
A collection of interviews conducted by Taranaki historian and former mayor of Stratford David Ernest Walter (1939-2020).
1. Mann, Sidney. Talks of his involvement with the formation of roads, including State Highway 45 and the Road Boards. Interviewed May 1979.
2. Manning, Alec and Mary. Storekeeper and farmer in Whangamomona from the 1930s. Interviewed March 1979.
3. Marfell, L. Huinga and Aotuhia district history. Interviewed December 1979.
4. Mason, Flora, Tom and Audrey. History of Douglas. Interviewed December 1979.
5. Mason, Tom. Douglas resident. Interviewed October 1980.
6. May, D. J. Stratford County Council Engineer. Interviewed November 1978.
7. McAloon, Bill. Whangamomona history. Interviewed July 1997.
Part of a collection of twelve MP3 format CD-ROMs of interviews/oral histories conducted since 1978 by David Walter with individuals in the Stratford district. Also included are a number of Douglas residents interviewed for the Douglas School jubilee in 1981.
Original tapes are held by the Stratford District Council archives with copies made available to Puke Ariki by the copyright holder, David Walter, and Stratford District Council.
No abstracts are available.
Bill McAloon transcript. Created by David Walter, 2017.