Hursthouse, C. W.
The six volumes contain the carbon copies of telegrams sent mostly by C.W. Hursthouse whilst he was engaged on a survey of the Parihaka district. The telegrams refer to the building of a lighthouse near Pungarehu, road construction, and with great detail, Te Whiti and the reactions of the Maori people to his teachings.
See full details
1. Telegraph book. 1881
2. Telegraph book. August - December 1880. Includes a sketch of Parihaka inside back cover.
3. Telegraph book. 5th January - 19th May 1881
4. Telegraph book. 30th August - October 1881
5. Telegraph book. March - August 1880
6. Telegraph book. October 1881 - February 1882
CD-ROM images from Telegraph Book October 1881 - February 1882