Griffin, E. M.
Papers and photographs on the history of Te Namu Pa at Opunake, including extracts from letters from Bishop George Selwyn October 1842 - January 1843 who visited Te Namu during that period and an article written by W. J. Phillips published in the Journal of the Polynesian Society.
1) Two notes from Griffin to Lambert re gift of papers. 1976
2) Te Namu Pa. The history of the pa as known to the writer (Griffin) including finding a partly buried stone on which there was a petroglyph. Also describes the battle of Te Namu.
3) A visit to Te Ngamu Oct 1842 extracts from letters from Bishop George Selwyn October 1842 - January 1843 from a typescript letter held in the Alexander Turnbull Library. These were written to his mother who never saw them for she died on Oct 17 1842. Typescript and copy.
4) A Sacred Stone of Namu Pa Photocopy of extract for the Journal of the Polynesian Society. Copy
5) A collection of photographs from the Alexander Turnbull Library relating to Te Namu including an image of the petroglyph and Mary Dobie's grave.