Meyer, Robert J.
In 1948, R. J. Meyer of Johnsonville wrote a letter to the Auckland Weekly News 24 March 1948 querying the date of discovery of Dawson Falls, Mt. Egmont.
A collection of letters sent to R.J. Meyer regarding the date of the discovery of Dawson Falls, Mount Egmont and reminiscing on the character of Thomas Dawson.
1. Typescript. 3 copies of letters sent to the Auckland Weekly News in reply to Meyer's query. A.T. Hawke, W.K. Howitt, Fred. B. Butler.
2. Letter to Mr Meyer from Anita Walter, Douglas. 30 March 19-?
3. Letter and newspaper clipping. A.A. Fantham, Napier. 1 April 1948.
4. Letter from Andrew P. Melville, Wanganui. 4 April 1948.
5. Letter from F. W. Wilkie describing an ascent of the mountain from the South side and visiting Wilkies Pools. 2 April 1948.
6. Letter from A. J. R. Hastie re the dates carved onto a rock near the falls. 18 April 1948.
7. Letter from Lands and Survey regarding the naming of the Falls. 23 April 1948
8. Letter from Joan G. Blake, Dawson Falls Hostel. 25 July 1948
9 / 10. Letters from Mrs C. Campbell, Manaia commenting on T. Dawson. May 1948.
11. Letter from William Styles reminiscing about Thomas Dawson. 6 April 1992
Be the first to comment on this object record.