Eltham; Last 100 years
A recording of programmes telling Eltham stories ("Last 100 years") broadcast over 2ZH Radio Taranaki during 1984 for the Eltham Centennial.
Topics covered: Sir Ronald Syme, Population, Axemen's Carnivals pre 1914, Frank Turnbull Glasgow, Henry Turner (organist), C. A. Wilkinson, Aunt Daisy, Eventide Home, the Argus newspaper, Settlement of Eltham, Ira Bridges, Sawmills, and Chew Chong.
No agreements, abstract or transcription.
1. Sir Ronald Syme, written and read by Audrey de Jong.
2. Population and Axemen's Carnival pre 1914, written by Brian Kyle and read by Audrey de Jong.
3. Frank Turnbull Glasgow, written by Roma Jenkins and read by Audrey de Jong.
4. Henry Turner, organist, written and read by Ferris Greenbank.
5. C. A. Wilkinson, written by Alison Crafer and read by Ferris Greenbank.
6. Aunt Daisy (Daisy Basham), written by Roma Jenkins and read by Ferris Greenbank.
7. Eventide Home, written and read by Hazel Jenkins.
8. Eltham Argus written by Mavis Rush and read by Hazel Jenkins.
9. Settlement of Eltham, written by Brian Kyle and read by Hazel Jenkins.
10. Ira Bridger: Mayor of Eltham during the Depression Years, written and read by Janet Old.
11. Sawmills, written and read by Janet Old.
12. Chew Chong and Dairying, written and read by Janet Old.