Please do not reproduce without permission from Puke Ariki.
Contact images@pukeariki.com for more information. Order images online here.

Object Detail


After years of development by New Plymouth radiologist Dr E P (Peter) Allen, the Taranaki Hosptial Board introduced New Zealand's first mobile X-ray unit in 1946 to help combat tuberculosis.
The Unit travelled throughout the region in a modified bus, usually stopping at marae where up to 50 x-rays could be taken in one hour.
Minutes, reports and correspondence 1941 - 1954 for the Taranaki Mobile X-Ray Unit.
Department
Archives
Classification
Production Date
1947-1954
Subject Place
Subject Person

Archive Contents

  Part 1

Minutes of the Executive Committee (Mobile X-Ray Unit) starting with the inaugural meeting of representatives of the Taranaki, Hawera, Stratford and Patea Hospital Boards September 1941 to August 1954.

  Part 2

Reports, agenda, correspondence from 1943 to Oct 1951. Includes Memo from Taranaki Hospital Board to the X-ray Unit re the deposit of papers to the New Plymouth City Library. 1983

  Part 3

Medical Director's report 6th May 1947. Includes photographs of the interior of the Unit.

Accession No
ARC2002-549

 Share


Can you help us? Click ‘Add Comment’ to share names, details and stories to help enrich the collection.


Be the first to comment.