Taranaki Brewery and Cordials Limited
The brewery, originally Egmont Brewery, was established in 1863 by James Paul, who, in partnership with W Henderson, erected the building in Egmont Street. This partnership was dissolved in 1877 and Paul moved the plant to the Queen Street site. In 1927, Taranaki Brewery and Cordials Ltd were incorporated. The cordial side of production ceased in 1959, the title changing to Taranaki Breweries. In 1971, after 108 years of production, the brewing plant of Taranaki Breweries closed down, the plant being taken over by Dominion Breweries Ltd.
Annual reports including records and photographs relating to Taranaki Brewery 1860 - 1967 and annual reports and statements for Taranaki Brewery and Cordials Ltd to 1959.
12th Annual Report Taranaki Brewery & Cordials. 1939
13th Annual Report 1940
14th Annual Report 1941
16th Annual Report 1943
17th - 20th Annual Report 1944 - 1947
21st Annual Report and report of proceedings.Taranaki Brewery & Cordials. 1948
22nd Annual Report 1949
23rd Annual Report 1950
24th Annual Report and report of proceedings.Taranaki Brewery & Cordials. 1951
25th Annual Report 1952
26th Annual Report and report of proceedings, receipt of dividend cheque, memo to shareholders and notice of Extraordinary General Meeting .Taranaki Brewery & Cordials. 1953
27th - 29th Annual Report Taranaki Brewery and Cordials. 1954 - 1956
30th Annual Report Taranaki Brewery and Cordials. 1957 plus Letter to shareholders 2 Oct.1957
31st Annual Report and financial statements. 1958
32nd Annual Report and financial statements. 1959
33rd Annual Report Taranaki Brewery and Cordials, plus notice of Extraordinary General Meeting. 1960
34th - 38th Annual Report Taranaki Brewery 1961 - 1965
39th - 41st Annual Report and interim report 1966 - 1968
Photograph of staff outside Breweries c1936
Photocopies of prints held in photograph collection. Individuals in the group photos have been identified.
Information sheet. Okato Hotel 1952-1994