Carey, Henry Ernest
Born in Tiverton, England in 1874, Henry Carey came to New Zealand in the late 1880s.
The papers relate to the purchase of items from Fred Butler, which are now housed in the Taranaki Museum and New Plymouth Library (now Puke Ariki), including the Butler Index. Also letters regarding the acquisition and sale of archives.
1. Letter to Carey from Jean Fyfe, June 4 1943
2. Letter to Carey from Jane Gil.... Nov 23 1947
3. Letter to Carey from Jean (Beatty) Oct 19 1951, re death of her father James Andrew Bruce. Also two photos of James Bruce and the original envelope
4. Letter to Carey from John Houston 4/11/59 re Jupp diaries
5. Letter to Houston, from Carey re Jupp diaries 10/11/59
6. Letter to Carey from Houston 11/11/59 re Jupp and Newland diaries
7. Letter from Miller, Victoria University re Jupp diaries 12/11/59
8. Letter to Carey from Houston re Jupp diaries 16/11/59
9. Letter to Carey from Houston re Jupp diaries 17/11/59
10. Letter to Carey from W J Honnor 9/8/1961 re Fred Butler's collection coming up for sale. Includes list of items for sale, and prices.
11. Letter to Carey from Audrey Gale re presentation of mahogany table to the Taranaki Museum 19/7/1961
12. Letter to Carey from The Elms 1/4/1963 re membership
13. Letter to Carey from The Elms 20/3/1963 re membership
14. Envelope (Auck Crippled Children Society ) addressed to Carey
15. Envelope holding three photographs - Mr R Morgan (from Mr N Berridge); Mr L McHardie 1936, (from Mrs P Johnson) and 1 unidentified man possibly James Bruce
16. 'Perplexing Problems...' an article by Dr S Pearce Carey
17. 'New Testament Facts and the Historic Episcopate. an article by Rev S Pearce Carey. M.A.
Be the first to comment on this object record.