Blanchett, Thomas Baker
The collection of papers consists of the Blanchett Lineage; clippings from Thomas Blanchett's ship board diary written during the voyage of the ship Maraval 1879 - 80; Colonial Experiences from 26.1.1880 by Thomas B. Blanchett, which is an account of his early years in Taranaki followed by a brief summary of life to 1925. Also included is Robert Blanchett's Last Will & Testament, notes on Blanchett family genealogy, an autobiography of Thomas Hickman, Late of the Armed Constabulary and NZ Police Force.
Some are photocopies of typescript and some are photocopies of original manuscript
1) The Blanchett Lineage compiled by Ethel Elizabeth Duncan (nee Blanchett) with additional notes by Kathleen Olive McMillan with a covering letter by David Gilbert. Typescript. (8 pages)
2) Clippings from Thomas Blanchett's diary of Voyage across the deep blue sea from England (London) to New Zealand (Wellington). Possibly from by Ethel Duncan (nee Blanchett). Typescript (26 pages). This is the account of the voyage to New Zealand on the ship Maraval, Transcribed and typed by D. B. Gilbert, Auckland
3) Colonial Experiences from 26.1.1880 by T. B. Blanchett. This consists of a typescript from a diary. This is an account of his early years in Taranaki followed by a brief summary of life to 1925. Transcribed and typed by D. B. Gilbert, Auckland
4) Last Will & Testament - Robert Blanchett (3 pages)
5) Blanchett family genealogy (6 pages)
6) Autobiography of Thomas Hickman, Late of the Armed Constabulary and NZ Police Force. (photocopy of manuscript) (15 pages)
7) Photocopies of clippings relating to Thomas Hickman (2 pages)
8) Misc papers including map, photocopy of original front page to item 2 and 3. (7 pages)
Be the first to comment on this object record.