New Plymouth Airport Board
The New Plymouth Aero Club was established in 1928 and proceeded to develop an air field at Bell Block. In 1934, the Airport Board was formed (constituted in 1933 under the NP Airport Act) and the new body took over the Aero Club's field. The airport was used during the World War II as a Airforce training station. In 1960, the Airport Board was dissolved and replaced with a Board giving Taranaki wide representation.
The records include two minute books 1939 - 1960 and a register of persons upon whom the freedom of the airport has been conferred, including Kingsford Smith, Ulm and Felix Bellringer.
Minute book. Feb.1934 - March 1939.
Minute book. April 1939 - Aug.1960.
Register. New Plymouth Airport Board register of persons upon whom the freedom of the airport has been conferred. 1937.
Photocopy of letter. To the Curator, Taranaki Museum from K. Marris(?), New Plymouth Airport Board. 3 March 1961.
Newspaper clipping. On C. T. P. Ulm's decision to fly from Richmond Aerodrome, New South Wales to New Plymouth Airport. Taranaki Herald. 25 November 1933.
Souvenir programme. North Island Air Pageant, New Plymouth Airport. 21 March 1936.
Newspaper clipping. Governor General to open new airport. Taranaki Daily News 20 March 1936.
Brochure. New Zealand's Trans-Tasman air terminal. Published as part of the case for the operation of a Trans-Tasman Air Service to New Plymouth Airport. 1 May 1946.
Booklet. New Zealand's Tasman air terminal: a case for having the right kind of airport in the right place. Published by the New Plymouth Airport Board. 1 May 1946.
Booklet. Royal New Zealand Aero Club, New Zealand’s First Post-War Aerial Pageant. Souvenir Programme, 22 February 1947.
Booklet. Royal New Zealand Aero Club Pageant programme. New Plymouth airport, 2 February 1952.
Booklet. New Zealand National Air Pageant. Souvenir Programme. 10 March 1973, New Plymouth Airport.