Richmond, Henry Robert
Typescript copy of a journal belonging to Henry Robert Richmond. It is formatted as a letter to his mother, consisting of an account of his journey with his brother James overland from Auckland to Taranaki in 1851. It is a descriptive account detailing both the social and physical geography of New Zealand. The collection also includes correspondence from family members and W.H. Skinner.
1. Typescript. Letter from H. R. Richmond to his mother. 1851.
2. Copy of an etching of Major Atkinson.
3. Typescript. Notes on burial sites near the Waitapu Stream.
4. Letter. From Emily Richmond to W. H. Skinner. 1 May 1944.
5. Letter. From Mary and Emily Richmond to W. H. Skinner. 4 May 1944.
6. Letter. From Mary E. Richmond to W. H. Skinner. 29 August 1945.
7. Letter. From H. E. Carey to W. H. Skinner. 2 August 1945.
8. Envelopes with stamps and post marks. Variously addressed to Mrs Richmond and His Honour Justice Richmond. 1857-1879. (6 September 2001. Envelopes appear to have been collected together for an exhibition. Original collections not known)
9. Songbook. Our native songs. Inscribed inside cover C. F. Richmond 24th April 1888.