"Old House, North Egmont"
Exterior view of North Egmont Camphouse, Mount Taranaki. Several figures are depicted standing in the foreground in a group and on the balcony of the Camphouse. One figure has skis over their shoulder. Snow on the ground. The Camphouse was built in Australia in 1855 and shipped to New Zealand for use as one of several military barrack buildings during the Taranaki Wars. The middle portion, pictured here, was sold to the Egmont Acclimatisation Society in 1893.
See full details