"Part of New Plymouth, c 1870"
Drawn from Gover Street looking towards Mount Eliot and showing first position of "Round House" & "Square House" (right) & Baptist Church (left on Liardet/Gill corner). Round House shipped to New Plymouth in 1852 by Thomas Hirst, erected on Section 917 fronting Devon Street. Second storey added and configuration changed in the early 1870s. Shifted to Courtenay Street, frontage of adjoining section 934 in 1905? Demolished in 1938.
Be the first to comment.