View from Clock Tower, New Plymouth
Elevated view taken from the post office clock tower on Devon Street (between Robe and Silver Strees). The scene looks east with shop verandas visible, including Sykes chemist shop (1893-1916) and the A.B.C. Boot Shop (1902-1916). Chatsworth House (1892-1916) can be seen on Powderham Street on the right with a long line of laundry. Across from Chatsworth House is the old fire station and a two-storied building advertising pianos next to a fence labelled 'Davidsons'. The former Egmont Flour Mill is visible at the top of Currie Street.
See full details
Be the first to comment on this object record.