Badge, Ferdinand Club
Ferdinand Club badge. Black felt badge in the shape of a shield with the image of a yellow and black striped bull blowing over a rugby ball. The words "TARANAKI" are written above in yellow letters and the word and image are within a yellow boarder.
The Ferdinand Club was established in 1956 to foster the spirit of rugby by supporting the Taranaki rugby team and its mascot Ferdinand. The clubs main activities included organising crowds at rugby matches, processions and street parades. They also facilitated the Tara-kato Sheild, an annual rugby competition played between Waikato and Taranaki. The establishment of the Ferdinand Club was heavily influenced by the Mooloo Club in the Waikato.
Be the first to comment on this object record.