Armband, Ferdinand Club
Ferdinand Club armband. Yellow armband with the words "FERDINAND / OFFICIAL" printed on it in black letters. Two strips of black elastic and the back to join the ends together.
The Ferdinand Club was established in 1956 to foster the spirit of rugby by supporting the Taranaki rugby team and its mascot Ferdinand. The clubs main activities included organising crowds at rugby matches, processions and street parades. They also facilitated the Tara-kato Sheild, an annual rugby competition played between Waikato and Taranaki. The establishment of the Ferdinand Club was heavily influenced by the Mooloo Club in the Waikato.
Be the first to comment on this object record.