Honeyfield cowshed bails. Wooden section of a walk-through cowshed that was built in 1914. It includes two of the original six bails. The two bails, which would have take one cow each, are separated by a wooden section. There is a corrugated iron wall at one end. The wall opens as individual doors, via a long, wooden lever which can be operated from the opposite end of the bail. There is a metal pulley system attached to the back wall. The open end of the bails have metal chains to close them. The wooden sections have been painted a pale, green colour which is wearing off.
See full details
Rust and Butler farmed their property on Bedford Road, Inglewood until the 1950s when it passed to Rex Honeyfield, whose son, David, continued farming the property. A separator room was added in 1946, followed by a milk-tank stand in 1958. A herringbone shed was built to replace it in 1971 and the old shed was abandoned. It was finally demolished in 1996.