Uruti Store and School
Copy of original photograph showing the school and store at Uruti. The buildings are seen in the midground with a road running horizontally through the centre of the image. The school, which opened in September 1898, is on the left and is made up of two small white buildings. The store on the right has a porch along the front and a chimney visible on the side. There is a bridge between the store and the school, and another road winds up the hill on the left from the store. The land all around has been cleared with bare land and fences in the foreground and the remains of burnt-out trees covering the hill in the background.
See full details
Be the first to comment on this object record.