Brougham Street Offices, New Plymouth
Ink and watercolour painting of buildings on Brougham Street. The orange-tinted building on the left, designed by architect J.T. Edmonds, was constructed in 1884 as the premises of the New Plymouth Investment and Loan Society. The green-tinted building was constructed in 1896 by lawyer Robert Clinton Hughes as offices for his legal firm and was designed by architect W.F. Brooking. The buildings were combined in 1995 to form Andre's L'Escargot restaurant which closed in 2013 and reopened as the 'Mexico' restaurant in 2014.
Be the first to comment.