Douglas cheese factory, 1983

Production date
Colour photograph of the original cheese factory building in Douglas, east Taranaki, taken in 1983. The building is white with pale blue doors and a brown corrugated iron roof. There is a sign for "Eric Darrah Ltd / Heavy Haulage / General Carriers" on the front of the building.

The Douglas cheese factory (a branch of the Stratford Farmers' Co-Op) replaced the original creamery that was built in the 1890s and that burnt down in 1918. The building in this photograph was erected in approximately 1919. The factory was closed down in 1958.
See full details

Object detail

Production role
Production date
Production place
Accession number
Collection type


Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.