A large silver plated trophy, the White Hart Cup. The front of the cup is inscribed with " WHITE HART CUP / DONATED BY / MR & MRS T.S JONES / FOR / COMPETITION / TARANAKI AERIAL DERBY ". Above this inscription is a pair of wings with a shield in the middle, with the logo " N.P. AERO CLUB ". The cup was first awarded in 1933, and has been awarded generally annually until 2011, although there are years missing, and the cup was not awarded at all between 1938 and 1950. On the reverse of the cup, the names and years of the winners are engraved. Above the names is the inscription " SNR LANDING ". The cup has two ornate handles which flare out gently at the bottom with an oval decorative disc on each end. The body of the trophy is cylindrical, and is supported by a thick stem and circular base. The trophy sits on a wooden, round base, which has separated from the silver top.
See full details