St Barnabas Church, Opunake
St Barnabas Anglican Church on Tasman Street, Opunake. The wooden church is in the Gothic Revival style and was built in 1895 using donated timber. It has a steeply inclined roof and a distinctive tall belfry. The architectect was Frederick de Jersey Clere. Two wooden buttresses are visible on the wall of the nave. These were added in 1897 to strengthen the church against strong westerlies. A low wire and scrub fence surrounds the church.
Be the first to comment.