"Views of Taranki [sic]"
Large album containing photographs of the following Taranaki scenes:
1. View of Carrington Street area looking towards Mt Taranaki (description missing, photograph has hand-tinting on mountain)
2. "View from the sea of Pukearuhe (Armed Constabulary Station) near White Cliffs."
3. "Characteristic scenery of various portions of Taranaki."
4. "General view of a portion of New Plymouth, with the Sugar Loaves in the back ground." (photograph is numbered by hand with drawing of breakwater added)
5. "View of Te Ari Cliffs on the Waitara River." (photograph is numbered by hand)
6. "View of Bell's Falls." (photograph missing)
7. View of Sugar Loaf Islands (description missing)
8. "Garden Scene."
9. "Waiwakaiho Chain Bridge"
10. "View of New Plymouth Cemetery." (2 photograph panorama)
11. "Government Buildings."
12. "View of Brougham Street." (Photograph missing)
Each photograph is accompanied by a small descriptive text on the facing page. The album has a green cover with the title "View of Taranki [sic]" and "W. A Collis, Photographer." embossed in gold on the front with a gold and black border.
See full details