van Noort, Maria Catharina
A collection of biographical material related to Maria Catharina van Noort (nee. Buikstra).
Maria Catharina Buikstra, from the Netherlands, arrived in Wellington on the ship the Sibajak in 1952, along with her partner, Pieter van Noort. They settled in Inglewood and married in the church of the Sacred Heart in 1953. While Pieter worked as a panel beater for Slater’s Engineering, Maria worked as a domestic servant with the Railway Hotel, owned by the Hamley family. Later Maria worked as a housekeeper for Dr. Allen in New Plymouth. After the couple completed a renovation of their home in New Plymouth in 1970 they moved to Auckland.
See full details
1. Birth certificate. Maria Catharina Buikstra, 29 April 1952. [Dutch].
2. Extract from the register of births for Maria Catharina Buikstra.
3. Certificate of naturalisation. Maria Catharina van Noort, 25 November 1963.
5. Death certificate. Maria Catharina van Noort, 8 August 1995.
6. Declaration of family history for the estate of Cornelia Adriana Bradsma Smit.
Be the first to comment on this object record.