Muggeridge, Marianne [ephemera]
A collection of ephemera relating to the artistic practice of Taranaki artist Marianne Muggeridge. The collection includes newspaper clippings, posters, exhibition invites, exhibition catalogues, sketches and working drawings.
The collection of ephemera was donated by Marianne after she was approached as a part of the established Puke Ariki collecting priority, the Taranaki Artist Ephemera project (2012-2015).
See full details
Folder. Newspaper Clippings.
‘Painter works on large scale’. Taranaki Herald, undated [c.1984].
‘Co-operative gallery opens’. The Daily News, 13 November 1985.
‘Art alive, strong in Taranaki’. The Daily News, 28 December 1985.
‘Exhibition at arcade’. The Daily News, 2 September 1986.Untitled [exhibit at the South Taranaki Community Arts Festival]. The Hawera Star, 19 March 1987.
‘Landscape responses’. The Daily News, 21 March 1987.
Untitled [comprehensive exhibition at New Plymouth’s Downtown Gallery]. Taranaki Herald, 21 November 1987.
‘Citadel on display’. The Northern Star, 2 November 1988.
‘Kaponga pair explores some familiar territory’. The Daily News, 10 August 1991.
‘A polite display; Taranaki Review offers rare shocks of delight’. The Daily News 23 November 1991.
‘Art made from many dimensions’. The Daily News, 27 September 1993.
‘Winning essay had some coastal colour’. The Daily News, September 1993.
‘The art of screen printing’. Opunake and Coastal News, 30 August 1995. ‘New exhibition at art gallery’. Opunake and Coastal News, 30 October 1996.
‘ Exhibit; Marrianne Maggeridge: Portraits, a Retrospective’. The Evening Post, 21 June 2001.
‘What Marianne sees is what you get’. Unknown newspaper, undated.
‘Large scale artist’. Unknown newspaper, undated.
‘Kapuni artist guest speaker’. Unknown newspaper, undated.
‘Art for a song’. Opunake and Coastal News, undated.
‘Not totally in the pink’. Unknown newspaper, undated.
‘Flags flying at Govett-Brewster’. Unknown newspaper, undated.
‘Marian [Marianne] Muggeridge: Roses are Red’. Unknown newspaper, undated.
‘Inspired by potential of Paekakariki’. Unknown newspaper, undated.
Folder. Preliminary processes for cassette tape cover 'RD29 Alan & Janet Muggeridge'.
1. Poster. Exhibition, Marianne Muggeridge. [Solo exhibition at New Zealand House, London]. C. 1979.
2. Poster [photocopy]. ‘Oil paintings and life drawings by Marianne Muggeridge…’[solo exhibition staged in an empty shop in Hawera]. C. 1982.
3. Working sketch. Mural at Kapuni School pool. C.1984-1985.
4. Poster [photocopy]. KNEM Paintings group show, Mon 1st September 5.30-. Huatoki Gallery. C. 1985.
5. Exhibition catalogue. 1986 TSB Review, Govett-Brewster Art Gallery 11 July-3 August. 1986.
6. Exhibition catalogue. Marianne Muggeridge, An Artistic Pair. 1989.
7. Poster. ‘Bowl Painting From Oeo Road’. C. 1990’s.
8. Auction catalogue. Quality Auctions Limited. 18 October 1990.
9. Publicity pamphlet. Paintings by Marianne Muggeridge [prints and cards published by c.c.y Publishing (Catherine Young)]. C. 1995.
10. Invitation [photocopy]. Marianne Muggeridge Recent Paintings, Roger Morris Nocturns 31 October-22 November . The Andreis Reis Gallery New Plymouth. C. 1997.
11. Newsletter. The New Zealand Portrait Gallery Te Pukenga Whakaata, April 2000.
12. Poster. Celebrate Art NZ, Marianne Muggeridge. Produced by Interactive Education. 2006.
13. Screen print. Mangatoki Cultural Club. Images produced to be used as the background for tickets to an event.
14. Poster [screen print]. tush banana republic. Mangatoki Hall, Eltham Road. Saturday 21 August [year unknown].
15. Poster [screen print]. The Banana Republic. c. 1983.
16. Poster [screen print]. 1985 River Festival.
17. Poster. No Warships, Alan & Janet Muggeridge. 1990.
Book. Marianne Muggeridge. By Stuart Shepherd and Melanie Thornton. For the show Marianne Muggeridge, Taken Personally at the New Zealand Portrait Gallery Wellington 2013.