St Michael's Anglican Church, New Plymouth

Production date
Jan 1966
Exterior view of St Michael's (also known as St Michaels & All Angels) Anglican Church, Upjohn Street, Welbourn, New Plymouth. A sign mounted on the fence on the left of the photograph reads "ST. MICHAELS / CHURCH OF ENGLAND" and lists service and holy communion times. St Michael's was dedicated on 27 September 1951. The church was the old chapel at Te Henui cemetery, which was purchased from the New Plymouth City Council. It was transported to a site donated in 1927 by A. E. Washer at the corner of Upjohn and Bideford Streets.
See full details

Object detail

Production role
Production date
Jan 1966
Accession number
Collection type


Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.