New Plymouth Airport opening, crowd
View of the crowd picnicking on the grass during the opening of the New Plymouth Airport, Brown Road, New Plymouth. The terminal building and control tower are visible in the background. The new airport - which replaced the original airport opened in 1933 - became operational on 14 November 1966. However, it was officially opened by the Right Honorable Keith Holyoake, Prime Minister of New Zealand, on 4 March 1967. The opening featured a large display of aeroplanes, including commercial and specialist aerobatic craft.
Be the first to comment.