New Zealand Spinning, Weaving and Woolcrafts Society Inc., Taranaki area
The New Zealand Spinning, Weaving and Woolcrafts Society was formed in 1969 " to foster interest in, develop and promote the cultural activities of the weaving, spinning, knitting and dyeing of wool and other fibres, and all other allied crafts." Membership is mainly by affiliation through local clubs, which in 1990 numbered over 250 clubs. The Society organises exhibitions and education courses, and stages an annual festival which is held in a different centre in NZ each year.
The records for the Taranaki area of the New Zealand Spinning, Weaving and Woolcrafts Society consist of area delegate reports, membership lists, rules of the society and a pattern book for the National Woolcrafts Festival the year it was held in Taranaki.
See full details
- Taranaki area delegate report, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991.
- National Woolcrafts Festival Taranaki 1985, pattern book.
- List. Members groups of the Taranaki guild, 1985.
- NZSWWS list of affiliated Taranaki members, 1989.
- Rules of the NZSWWS Inc., 1990.
- Correspondence by Betty Conway (Taranaki delegate) regarding sales tax on handcrafts.