Egmont Steam Flour Mill; proposed refurbishment
Built in 1868 the Egmont Steam Four Mill was the first of its kind in New Plymouth, and ground wheat into flour for the local market. In 1921 the Farmers' Co-operative Organisation Society bought the building and used it as a general store. With the Farmers' Co-op in its new building on Devon Street, the Egmont Mill was used as a 'flea market' before being developed into a hotel/restaurant/night club - 'The Mill'.
The volume contains the full refurbishment plan for the Egmont Steam Flour Mill's conversion into a licensed premises with restaurant and night club facilities, including plans, historical resume, general description of the building and alterations.
See full details
Proposed refurbishment plan