Please do not reproduce without permission from Puke Ariki.
Contact images@pukeariki.com for more information. Order images online here.

Object Detail


Built in 1868 the Egmont Steam Four Mill was the first of its kind in New Plymouth, and ground wheat into flour for the local market. In 1921 the Farmers' Co-operative Organisation Society bought the building and used it as a general store. With the Farmers' Co-op in its new building on Devon Street, the Egmont Mill was used as a 'flea market' before being developed into a hotel/restaurant/night club - 'The Mill'.
The volume contains the full refurbishment plan for the Egmont Steam Flour Mill's conversion into a licensed premises with restaurant and night club facilities, including plans, historical resume, general description of the building and alterations.
Maker
Fletcher Development & Construction
Primary Maker
Fletcher Development & Construction
Department
Archives
Classification
Production Date
1983

Archive Contents

  Part 1

Proposed refurbishment plan

Accession No
ARC2011-143

 Share


Can you help us? Click ‘Add Comment’ to share names, details and stories to help enrich the collection.


Be the first to comment.