New Plymouth Public Relations Office Inc, Board of Control
The New Plymouth Public Relations Office Inc was formed in 1955. Its objects being to publicise and promote New Plymouth as a tourist destination as well as developing its commercial and business potential. The office was administrated by a Board of Control which consisted of three representatives - one each from the New Plymouth City Council, the New Plymouth Chamber of Commerce and the New Plymouth Retailers' Association.
The records consist of the rules of the incorporation, inward and outward correspondence, schedule of duties and conditions of employment of the Public Relations Officer and minutes of the Board of Control from inaugural meeting in May to the November meeting 1955.
- Rules of the New Plymouth Public Relations Office Inc.1955. 6 pages.
- Inwards and outwards correspondence from 1955. 11 pages.
- Schedule of duties and condition of appointment of Public Relations Officer for New Plymouth 2 December 1954. 3 pages.
- Minutes, Board of Control New Plymouth Public Relations Office 12 May 1955 - 17 November 1955.
- Report on annual meeting, New Zealand Travel and Holiday Association Inc. 19 May 1955. 2 pages.