The 'Red House', Ngaere
A copy photograph of the house designed and built by James Chapman-Taylor for his brother Harold and wife Kathleen at 32 Taylor Road, Ngaere. The house was built in 1903-1904 and was known as the 'Red House' because it was painted with red lead. The 'Red House' was built on the 'Rosanagh' property that belonged Theodore and Ada Taylor, parents of Harold and James Chapman-Taylor. Harold and Kathleen later purchased 'Rosanagh' from Harold's parents in 1910. Copy photograph from an original photograph taken by James Walter Chapman-Taylor in circa 1930.
See full details