Front gate, 'Plas Mawr', New Plymouth
The front gate of 'Plas Mawr' [translated variously as 'great hall' or 'large manor house' in Welsh], 26 Standish Street, New Plymouth. The words "PLAS MAWR" are carved into the centre of the wooden gate. Stones from the fence are visible on both sides of the gate. 'Plas Mawr' was built for Charles Hayward, Mayor of New Plymouth from 1915 to 1919, and his wife Ann and was completed in 1913.
See full details