Pergola walk, 'Plas Mawr', New Plymouth
View of the pergola walk, 'Plas Mawr' [translated variously as 'great hall' or 'large manor house' in Welsh], 26 Standish Street, New Plymouth. Vines wind around the timber of the pergola and foliage is visible in the foreground. The house is visible in the background. 'Plas Mawr' was built for Charles Hayward Burgess, Mayor of New Plymouth from 1915 to 1919, and his wife Ann and was completed in 1913.
See full details