A silver vase made up of a stand with a large central holder which holds a long fluted cup. It is accompanied by six smaller holders on thin curled arms designed to hold six small fluted cups. " Presented to Mr & Mrs J. B. Groom by the residents of Rahotu and surrounding districts. / In appreciation of their sterling qualities during their many years residence in Rahotu & as a memento of / the valuable services rendered by them to the community during the epidemic of 1918 " is marked on the base. There are a number of manufacturers marks stamped on various pieces of the vase. A lead piece covered in ceramic material fits inside the round silver base.
See full details