Alfred Henry Kendall was Borough Engineer for New Plymouth (1904 - 1915).
1. Ngatimaru Survey District. Two maps of the Upper Waitara area.
2. Paritutu survey district.
3. New Plymouth Borough maps with annotations showing:
a) formed and unformed roads within the Borough. Undated ca. 1904.
b) sewerage connections. Undated
c) sewerage connections. Undated
d) New Plymouth East Ward Sewerage Scheme. Hand drawn plan showing existing and proposed sewers.
4. Two certificates;
a) City and Guilds of London Institute first class 1893.
b) City and Guilds of London Institute second class 1894.
5. The Sanitary Institute certificate of competency in sanitary knowledge, 1894.
6. Elementary stage of building construction 1893, from the Privy Council on education, Department of Science and Art.
7. Elementary stage of practical plane and solid geometry certificate from the Privy Council on education, Department of Science and Art.
8. Department of Science & Art certificate in geometrical drawing, 1893.
9. Building construction 1894 certificate.
10. Freehand drawing (advanced stage) 1894 certificate.
11. Freehand drawing of ornament 1893 certificate.
12. Leeds Working Men's Hall, Science and Art Classes certificate, 1882 - 1883.
13. Memorandum, 7 July 1896, to Alfred Kendall, from John Brown.
14. Memorandum, 23 February 1898, to A. Kendall from John Edmondson.
15. Five small photographs, i.bridge ; ii.portion of a new road Walton Road ; iii.new road Lunley Street ; iv.concrete bridge ; v.street metalling, done five years ago
16.Six testimonials for Mr Kendall. i.14 April 1915, from Geo Warren ; ii.29 January 1915, (2 pages) from Joseph Brown ; iii.Copy of testimonial, from G.Tisch (Mayor ) ; iv.Copy of telegram, from F.C.J. Bellringer ; v.Copy of a testimonial from Frank Messenger Esq. ; vi.Copy 13 January 1915, from R Ellis ; vii.Extract from "The Taranaki Herald" 24 June 1909
18. National Society for the protection of cruelty to children membership form.
19. Borough Council Chambers Town Hall, from town clerk to Inspector Kendall 20. March 1905 with pencil drawn plans on the back.
20. A map of Plantation Reserve Mount Bryon and proposed and existing sewers, 1908.
21. Borough of New Plymouth, Town Clerks Report, 1911 - 1912, (book).
22. McNeill's cash price booklet March 1934.
23. The Co - Operator book Vol. 4. no9. Stock prices 1 September 1931.
24. Memorandum & Articles of Association of the North Taranaki Dairy Company Co - op. 10 May 1898.
25. Photographs, Consisting of 9 images, mainly of New Plymouth streets and bridges.
Folder 2 (presented by Ian Whittaker Dec 1999)
26. Mayoral luncheon menu - Lord Islington visits New Plymouth 1911
27. Certificate of exemption for vaccination of Thomas Vincent Kendall 12/5/1909
28. Letter to Inspector of Nuisances New Plymouth from J Young re noise made by boys practicing a bugle at the corner of Liardet and Pendarves Streets. 4/3/1906