Please do not reproduce without permission from Puke Ariki.
Contact images@pukeariki.com for more information. Order images online here.

Object Detail


As a result of the decision to erect a memorial to Imperial and Colonial forces who fought and died in during the Maori Wars, the Marsland Hill Memorial Committee was formed in 1906. The task set before the committee was to decide on the type, site and costing of the memorial and to set in motion a fund raising scheme to finance the plans. The monument, a statue of a man in the uniform of the Armed Constabulary, was unveiled on the 7 May 1909.
Drawing for the Marsland Hill memorial. Features the front elevation and base. Signed by F Mace and Mr Sanderson. Undated. 610mm H x 340mm W
Maker
Messenger, Francis John
Sanderson & Griffiths, Architects
Primary Maker
Frank Messenger
Sanderson & Griffiths, Architects
Department
Archives
Production Date
1908

Archive Contents

  Part 1

Design for Marsland Hill Memorial

Accession No
ARC2009-171

 Share


Can you help us? Click ‘Add Comment’ to share names, details and stories to help enrich the collection.


Be the first to comment.