The Mission House was built by the Wesleyan missionary Henry Turton in 1854 - although there is confusion over this date. The Chapel however was built by Zaccheus Wells in 1869 and gifted to the Methodist Maori Mission by Philip Wells in 1940.
Measured drawings including a floor plan and elevations of the Mission House and Chapel of the Grey Institute at Moturoa by Jenny Lobb for the Taranaki Museum. 1980. Includes a short history of the Mission House compiled by Margaret Brooker 1980
Maker
Goddard, Jenny
Primary Maker
Jenny Goddard
Department
Archives
Production Date
February 1980

Archive Contents

  Part 1

1. Concept drawing

2. Mission House plan and elevations East, West and north. Scale 1:50

3. Chapel plan and section. Elevations North, South, West and East. Scale 1 : 50

4. A history of the Mission House compiled by Margaret Brooker 1980. 2 pages.

Accession No
ARC2009-163

 Share


Can you help us? Click ‘Add Comment’ to share names, details and stories to help enrich the collection.


Be the first to comment.