Cape Egmont Lighthouse
Cape Egmont Lighthouse with farmland and a grassy area in front of it. Originally located on Mana Island, north of Wellington, the lighthouse was dismantled and sent to New Plymouth by ship in 92 cast iron sections before being transported around the coast on bullock wagons then reassembled by the Armed Constabulary on its current site. Cape Egmont Lighthouse was officially lit on 1 August 1881.
See full details