3 results. Displaying results 1 - 3.
- Subject International conflicts Remove filter International conflicts
- Subject World War Two (1939-1945) Remove filter World War Two (1939-1945)
- Subject Immigration Remove filter Immigration
- Maker Cassie, May Remove filter Cassie, May
- Maker Radford, Colin Thomas Remove filter Radford, Colin Thomas
- Subject Farming Remove filter Farming
- Maker Lancaster, Jessie Remove filter Lancaster, Jessie
- Maker Baxter, Herbert Wilson Remove filter Baxter, Herbert Wilson
Written by Herbert Baxter, son of Richard Baxter, a settler on Otaroa Road, Tarata. In the form of a reminiscence, the essay describes the development of a farm in the 1890's from the selection of land to the clearing of bush. He gives a detailed description of pit sawing. This information was used by Sir James Elliott as background in his novel 'The Hundred Years' published in 1939.
A copy of a reminiscence by Jessie Lancaster (nee Cassie) recalling the Cassie family at Braeside, Newall Road, Warea.
A copy of a reminiscence written by May Cassie about her family experiences developing a farm known as Braeside on the Newall Road, Warea.