1 results. Displaying result 1.
- Subject General views Remove filter General views
- Subject Hotels Remove filter Hotels
- Subject Buildings Remove filter Buildings
- Subject Streets and Roads Remove filter Streets and Roads
- Subject Banks Remove filter Banks
- Department Fine Arts Remove filter Fine Arts
- Subject Public places Remove filter Public places
Matted and framed watercolour featuring an Inglewood street scene with a partially clouded Mt. Taranaki/ Egmont in the background. The foreground includes a flock of sheep being driven by a whip wielding mounted shepherd and flanked by two dogs. Two 'swaggermen' with bed rolls, hats and one with walking stick are located in the bottom left corner. The railway reserve and line is in the mid-foreground. This view is of Matai Street from Rimu Street- from in front of the former old Bank of New South Wales (now New Zealand Colonial Antiques 33 Rimu Street). It shows the first Methodist Church on Rata Street (right), the fire station and the commercial buildings on Matai Street to the Inglewood Hotel in the left distance.