2 results. Displaying results 1 - 2.
- Subject Group Remove filter Group
- Subject Buildings Remove filter Buildings
- Subject Second Taranaki War Remove filter Second Taranaki War
- Department Archives Remove filter Archives
- Subject New Zealand Wars Remove filter New Zealand Wars
- Subject General views Remove filter General views
- Subject War Remove filter War
- Department Social History Remove filter Social History
- Subject Houses Remove filter Houses
- Subject Public places Remove filter Public places
Framed commemorative scroll for Private Charles Lawrence Sattler of the Wellington Infantry Regiment, N.Z.E.F. Sattler was killed in action October 30th, 1916. The text reads: "He whom this scroll commemorates was numbered among those who at the call of King and Country, left all that was dear to them, endured hardness, faced danger, and finally passed out of the sight of men by the path of duty and self-sacrifice, giving up their own lives that others might live in freedom. Let those who come after see to it that his name be not forgotten." Below this in red is: "Pte. Charles Lawrence Sattler / Wellington Inf. Regt. N.Z.E.F."
Plan showing additions to the Te Henui Vicarage (stone portion still remaining), Courtenay Street, New Plymouth. Showing the site, front elevation, plan and section of chimneys.