1 results. Displaying result 1.
- Subject First Taranaki War Remove filter First Taranaki War
- Subject Individual Remove filter Individual
- Subject War Remove filter War
- Subject Buildings Remove filter Buildings
- Subject Houses Remove filter Houses
- Department Social History Remove filter Social History
- Subject Visual arts Remove filter Visual arts
Framed commemorative scroll for Private Charles Lawrence Sattler of the Wellington Infantry Regiment, N.Z.E.F. Sattler was killed in action October 30th, 1916. The text reads: "He whom this scroll commemorates was numbered among those who at the call of King and Country, left all that was dear to them, endured hardness, faced danger, and finally passed out of the sight of men by the path of duty and self-sacrifice, giving up their own lives that others might live in freedom. Let those who come after see to it that his name be not forgotten." Below this in red is: "Pte. Charles Lawrence Sattler / Wellington Inf. Regt. N.Z.E.F."